This is a blog for my second semester pre-calculus 30s students. Have a blast!

Friday, March 17, 2006

Long weekend post!!

I hope the tests went well on Thursday, while I was away sick. I haven't really looked at them yet, but by Sunday afternoon at the latest I will try to post the class average of the tests on the blog again.
Another thing I have to mention to you guys again is that over the first month and a half of the course so far I feel that we have gone fairly quickly, to some respect. On the other hand though I think that most of you guys have been right there with me the whole time. Let's face it, this is a very tough, challenging and time demanding course and so far I must say that I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far. I'm referring to your work ethic, the types of questions (and lots of!!!) that you guys are asking every day from the previous day's homework, and just the general interest and hard work that I'm seeing on a daily basis. You guys might not realize this but over 90% of students in highschool don't ask any questions even when they have them. Asking questions makes the WORLD of difference in your learning. You guys probably ask the best, and the most of, questions than any other class I've had.
Overall, very impressive work so far, and I'm proud of everyone for your efforts up to this point and I'm sure this trend will continue. Have a great weekend and see you on Monday!!

* One other thing folks - in the "Links" list there's a new link called "The equation of a circle". On Monday we begin our fourth unit of the year, "Analytic Geometry," where we begin with coming up with the equation of a circle on a coordinate plane. So if you have some time before Monday, take 10 or 15 minutes and check out the site. There are some great interactive tutorials there too where you can...well you'll see if you do. Trust me Monday's lesson will seem A LOT easier if you check this out first. If not, then check it out on Monday or Tuesday after the lesson and it can help you then too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home