This is a blog for my second semester pre-calculus 30s students. Have a blast!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Quadratic Functions, Parabolas, the whole ball of wax.

Pre Cal 30s is quite interesting so far, I must say..

Luckily, being in Mr.K's class has helped prepared me for parabolas. Mr.K tends to "dip in" to future pre cal experiences, which is really nice, because I am not freaked out when I get to new information.

At first, I really was a little confused by parabolas. I knew what they were, and what they looked like. The thing that is messing me up a little bit right now is using the graphing calculator. I just bought it a few days ago, and I am still getting used to using it. I know I will get used to it in a while, and I will get better and better as I practice, it'll just take me some time.

Some characteristics about parabolas and quadratic functions? Well, we know so far aboput roots, zeros, width, sketch, axis of symmetry, the up or down shift of the parabola on the y-axis, and so on and so forth.
I honestly didn't think that there would be more characteristics of parabolas/quadratic functions.... I really can't even think of a possible characteristic...we've covered so much already.

I am pretty pumped about pre calc, but I am already stressing about the 3 hour exam. Eek, working for three hours straight, and in an EXAM? Eep. Maybe it won't be so bad, who knows.
I really like math for some reason, even though sometimes, I am not so good at it. I am eager to learn this semester, and I can't help but anticipate what is to come.

I'm also really glad we have a blog. I know that some people in the class aren't so excited, but I think they may change their minds when they start to use it more and more. It is a really neat tool in the tool box to use in studying, and learning. Believe me- it really helps!

Well, I guess I should cut this off now. I have talked enough.
But just wait- this isn't the last time you have heard from me!
Keep on learning guys!
Lets make this semester a fun one!
In the words of Mr.K - Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home