This is a blog for my second semester pre-calculus 30s students. Have a blast!

Friday, February 24, 2006

First Weekend Scribe Post

My first time doing the scribe post and thankfully I got the weekend job. It's not going to be a very long one since we did have the quiz in the middle of class.

After the usual mental math we started to correct the homework sheets that we had for homework the previous night, we also got some hints for the hand-in assignment that's due on Monday at 9:00:

(My computer's been acting nutty with any kind of pictures lately so you'll just have to bare with my descriptions for now, sorry guys.)

#5) For the diagram you drew one large square and a smaller one in the center of the first. Inside the lengths are of course 30 and 40 meaning the area is 1200. on the outside the width and length is representing by X with the area being 984. The equation to use is y=(40+2X)(30+2X).

#6) Replace TAN and SIN with X and Y:

Y=2XY^2-2XY-12X
Y=2X(Y^2-Y-6)
0=SX(Y-3)(Y+2)

Since the question is worth 5 marks that meant that there are 5 answers, so all you have to do now is solve the equation.

And that's all I can remember from today, oh yeah as for the quiz the only thing I can say is that it's not hard but then again it's not easy, can't give you much more then that since I don't remember much of it, it's how my mind works once a test or semester is over my mind gets wiped blank except for the things that were really pounded into my head, it only starts to come back when I'm back in class.

The next scribe will be, Jonathon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Malandrakis said...

Nice post Jason. Well done!!

1:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home